Our customers say Excellent Trustpilot Star Rating
4.8 out of 5 based on 23,940 reviews

We can search for travel insurance quotes for all ages.

However, the number of quotes offered may be limited due to age restrictions imposed by the insurance providers that we search. You are more likely to be offered a single-trip policy than an annual one.

Complete a quote to find out who can provide a policy for you.

Most policies will include details of what is covered in this situation. An example of the policy wording is as follows:

Your policy will not make any payment for any event that is more specifically covered by another insurance policy and will only pay a proportionate amount of a claim where there is other insurance in force (such as Home Contents and All Risk insurance policies) covering the same risk, and we will require you to provide details of such other insurance.

If this is applicable to you, please check your policy wording.

Yes, on an annual trip policy, anyone named on the policy can travel separately. Travellers who are under 18 are not normally covered for independent travel but this does vary on different policies. Please check the policy wording or call your insurance provider to find out.

If you find yourself, or your travelling companions needing to travel on separate dates, we can still help you find cover.

You can purchase separate single trip policies for the different travel dates that you need for each traveller.

Alternatively, it may be more cost-effective for you to purchase an Annual Trip policy. This way travellers can travel whenever they want!


You can complete a quote and take out a policy on behalf of another traveller. Correct information must be provided as any errors or omissions could mean that a claim is turned down.


For most insurance providers, anyone under 18 needs to be on a policy with a travelling adult or travelling with a responsible adult.

Your policy wording will confirm what is covered.

Some insurance providers can cover a 16 to 18-year-old travelling alone. Complete a quote to find out.

Read the policy wording carefully to make sure your young person has the cover they need.

Family policies cover:

✅ Parents/Guardians

✅ Dependants under 18

Dependants should be living at home with you and in full-time education.

Dependants can also include step-children, adopted children or foster children. Check your policy wording to be sure.

You can take out a group policy if you'd like to add your grandchildren or your child's friend (who is travelling with you).

Some forms of business travel are covered under travel insurance policies for example attending business meetings, conferences or seminars. Other types of business are not covered, especially anything that involves manual work, professional sports or professional entertaining (e.g. a musician playing at a concert).

Many policies have the option to add extra Business cover to your policy. This can include accidental loss, theft or damage to business equipment and additional costs for a business colleague to take your place if you are not well enough to travel. The limits of cover vary and will be set out in the policy wording.

How an insurance provider classifies a country (e.g. Europe or Worldwide) can vary from provider to provider.

You should always check the policy wording, as well as the 'Countries Covered' list, to see which countries are covered by your policy.

The 'Countries Covered' list is available after pressing 'More Details' beside any given policy on the 'Quote Results' page.

If you are getting a quote for a single Trip policy, you should add the destination you will be travelling to. For example, you would declare ‘Canary Islands’ rather than ‘Spain’. That way you would only be shown quotes for policies which cover the Canary Islands.

Annual and Single policies can be arranged for:

✅ Individuals

✅ Couples

✅ Families

✅ Groups

An individual policy provides cover for one person only. A couple are two individuals living at the same address. A family is either one or two parents travelling with their child or up to 10 children (under 18 years) for whom they are legal guardians and who all reside together. A group is 2 or more people travelling together, regardless of their relationship, up to a maximum of 12.

Check with your insurance provider whether everyone insured on an Annual policy must live at the same address.

You must have a permanent UK address, have lived in the UK for the last 6 months and be registered with a medical practitioner in the UK. All trips must start and end in the UK and you must purchase the insurance before you depart for your first trip.

If you are not a UK resident, then our friends at Europesure may be able to help you find a policy. You can get a quote here.

Mohamed Nashah Kmihwgpbdeg Unsplash

Sign up to receive regular updates

Get the latest news, advice, travel tips and destination inspiration straight to your inbox.