Specialist lung cancer travel insurance cover
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the UK - around 47,000 people are diagnosed with it each year. That’s why we want to make sure anyone planning a holiday with this health condition can still get all the cover they need.
We know that for many people living with this condition, going on holiday takes the day-to-day pressure off and helps you relax.
So if you’re planning a getaway, we want you to be able to focus on the important things, like relaxing and enjoying your trip. But standard travel insurance policies might not cover you if the unexpected happens, that’s why we help you find the best deal before you go.
We’ve teamed up with specialist travel insurance providers to find the right cover for you and your needs - at the right price.Get a quote
Specialist Medical Cover
We only work with providers who specialise in covering pre-existing conditions.
No discounts. No pressure. We’ll always show you the best prices from providers.
What does lung cancer travel insurance typically cover?
Specialist lung cancer cover usually includes the following:
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - if you need medical treatment because of your condition, or if you need to be repatriated back to the UK in an emergency
- Lost, stolen or damaged personal belongings - including any medication
- Cancellation and curtailment - the insurance company will cover you in the event of needing to cancel your holiday or cut it short (usually for a medical reason)
- Travel delay - this won’t always be included, so check with your provider
- Personal liability - if you cause accidental damage to another person or someone else’s property
You can find details on more optional extras below.Get a quote
Medical screening for lung cancer travel insurance
We know the last thing you want right now is a complicated list of questions. That’s why we’ve made sure our online screening tool is quick and easy to use. We’ll ask you to tell us about certain medical conditions you have, so we can find the right cover for you and your needs.
To help you feel more prepared, here are the types of questions you might be asked, to help us find out a bit more about your circumstances:
- Has cancer spread to your lung from somewhere else in your body?
- Do you need help with your day-to-day activities as a result of this condition?
- How long ago was your last treatment?
- Are you taking strong painkillers daily?
- Have you been offered chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery and chosen not to proceed?
Compare quotes from specialist lung cancer insurance brokers
With Medical Travel Compared, finding the right policy at this important time couldn’t be easier. We work with over 30 specialist insurance providers to offer the best choice of policies to meet your needs.
What’s more, our simple online tool means telling us about your medical history is easy.
So why not give it a go today? The sooner your cover is sorted, the sooner you can focus on enjoying your trip.Get a quote
Trusted by thousands of people like you who've reviewed us on Trustpilot.
No phone calls or paperwork. Join millions who've sorted cover online in minutes.
Lung cancer travel insurance FAQs
Yes, we compare policies from over 30 insurance providers to find specialist cover for people who have lung cancer. Get a quote
The cost of your policy will depend on your own circumstances and condition, which we’ll be able to better-understand once we’ve asked you a few short questions. With Medical Travel Compared, cover starts from as little as £9.88*.
When you get a quote through us, we’ll ask you a few short questions and let you add lung cancer to your cover - it’s quick and easy. You'll need to tell us if you've ever been diagnosed with lung cancer.
When you tell us about lung cancer, we will ask you if it spread to other parts of the body. We'll only show you quotes that take this into consideration.
We'll ask you if you are undergoing chemotherapy and will only show you quotes that take this into consideration.
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared Lung Cancer and is travelling to France for 7 nights. The price is correct as of October 2023. Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...