Specialist lung cancer travel insurance cover
We know Lung cancer is a really common health condition in the UK, that’s why we want to make sure anyone planning a holiday with this health condition can still get all the cover they need.
We know that for many people living with this condition, going on holiday takes the day-to-day pressure off and helps you relax.
So if you’re planning a getaway, we want you to be able to focus on the important things, like relaxing and enjoying your trip. But standard travel insurance policies might not cover you if the unexpected happens, that’s why we help you find the best deal before you go.
We’ve teamed up with specialist travel insurance providers to find the right cover for you and your needs - at the right price.Get a quote
COVID-19 Medical Cover
We’ll only show you quotes from providers who cover emergency medical expenses (including repatriation to the UK) if you catch the virus whilst travelling abroad.
Enhanced COVID Cover
Extra cover that'll give you & your holiday even more protection against COVID-19. Compare quotes from leading providers with this additional cover today.
What does lung cancer travel insurance typically cover?
Specialist lung cancer cover usually includes the following:
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - if you need medical attention because of your condition, or if you need to be repatriated back to the UK in an emergency
- Lost, stolen or damaged personal belongings - including any medication
- Cancellation and curtailment - the insurance company will cover you in the event of needing to cancel your holiday or cut it short (usually for a medical reason)
- Travel delay - this won’t always be included, so check with your provider
- Personal liability - if you cause accidental damage to another person or someone else’s property
You can find details on more optional extras below.Get a quote
Medical screening for lung cancer travel insurance
We know the last thing you want right now is a complicated list of questions. That’s why we’ve made sure our online screening tool is quick and easy to use. We’ll ask you to tell us about certain medical conditions you have, so we can find the right cover for you and your needs.
To help you feel more prepared, here are the types of questions you might be asked, to help us find out a bit more about your circumstances:
- Has cancer spread to your lung from somewhere else in your body?
- Do you need help with your day-to-day activities as a result of this condition?
- How long ago was your last treatment?
- Are you taking strong painkillers daily?
- Have you been offered chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery and chosen not to proceed?
Tips for travelling with lung cancer
We want your trip to be as safe and enjoyable as possible. So here are our handy tips to help make that happen.
- Get medical advice from your doctor before travelling - they’ll be able to confirm if you’re safe to travel and whether there’s anything you need to consider.
- Double-check you’ve told your travel insurance provider about your condition, so you’re fully covered.
- Find out what travel vaccinations you might need (if any) and book these in.
- If you suffer from breathlessness, take some oxygen with you if you can, as cabin pressure can make this worse - ask your GP for more information.
- Make sure you have all your necessary medicines and prescriptions - pack slightly more than you need, just in case you’re delayed, and keep them in your hand luggage. You may want to keep some extra medication in you hold luggage too.
For more advice, read the LUNGevity Foundation’s tips on travelling with cancer.
Compare quotes from specialist lung cancer insurance providers
With Medical Travel Compared, finding the right policy at this important time couldn’t be easier. We work with over 30 specialist insurance providers to offer the best choice of policies to meet your needs.
What’s more, our simple online tool means telling us about your medical history is easy.
So why not give it a go today? The sooner your cover is sorted, the sooner you can focus on enjoying your trip.Get a quote
Lung cancer travel insurance FAQs
We’ll only show you quotes from providers who are able to cover emergency medical expenses (including repatriation to the UK) if you catch the virus whilst travelling abroad.
Some of our providers are able to offer additional cover, such as cancellation cover should you catch COVID-19 or have to self-isolate because of suspected symptoms before departure. We’ll make it clear who these providers are when you’re comparing quotes so you can choose the policy that is right for you.
This doesn’t apply to all insurance providers, so unless otherwise stated, for all other sections of cover, you wouldn’t be covered if making a claim as a result of COVID-19.
For more information, we recommend reading our full guide here.
If the FCDO are advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination at the time of your trip, there will be no, or extremely limited cover provided by your policy.
You can still choose to take out a policy now for a future holiday, but it is very important to note that if the FCDO are still advising against all but essential travel to your destination at the time of your trip, your cover will not be valid.
For more information, we recommend reading our full guide here.
Yes, we compare policies from over 30 insurance providers to find specialist cover for people who have lung cancer.
The cost of your policy will depend on your own circumstances and condition, which we’ll be able to better-understand once we’ve asked you a few short questions. With Medical Travel Compared, cover starts from as little as £9.88*.
When you get a quote through us, we’ll ask you a few short questions and let you add lung cancer to your cover - it’s quick and easy. You'll need to tell us if you've ever been diagnosed with lung cancer.
When you tell us about lung cancer, we will ask you if it spread to other parts of the body. We'll only show you quotes that take this into consideration.
We'll ask you if you are undergoing chemotherapy and will only show you quotes that take this into consideration.
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared lung cancer and is travelling to Spain for 7 nights. Price is correct as of July 2020 . Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...
If we're unable to help you find cover for a pre-existing medical condition, the Money and Pensions Service (MaPs) have launched a new directory listing companies that may be able to assist you. You can find out more information on their website.