Why do I need travel insurance for angina?
According to the NHS around 20,000 people develop angina each year. The good news is that according to the same NHS guidelines, if controlled, there’s no reason this should stop you from doing the things you love.
As always, if you’re planning a holiday, it’s important to have the right specialist travel insurance cover in place.
If something unexpected were to happen during your holiday and you hadn’t told your insurance company about your angina, you may find yourself with some unexpected costs and that shouldn’t have to be a worry!
You might think that it’s hard to find insurance to cover angina, but it’s easy with Medical Travel Compared.
We compare cover from over 30 specialist insurance providers, to find you the right policy for your trip, at the right price. That way, you can relax with your feet up, knowing you have one less thing to do.
Telling us about health conditions like angina is quick and easy - when you get a quote through us, we’ll ask you a few short questions and let you add angina to your cover.
Specialist Medical Cover
We only work with providers who specialise in covering pre-existing conditions.
No discounts. No pressure. We’ll always show you the best prices from providers.
Medical screening for declaring angina on your policy
Our simple online medical screening tool makes telling us about your angina easy.
And, we know that it’s important that we take your own circumstances into account, which is why we may ask you for a bit more information. To put your mind at rest, here are some of the types of questions you might be asked:
- Have you ever had a heart bypass, an angioplasty or a coronary stent?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- How many heart attacks have you had?
- Are you waiting to see a specialist about new symptoms? Or awaiting any tests, results or surgery?
- Have you ever had chest pain, tightness or breathlessness from walking 200 metres on flat ground?
- Have you been advised to take medication for high blood pressure?
Your answers to these questions will help us find you the right cover for your health condition.
What does angina travel insurance typically cover?
Specialist angina cover usually includes the following:
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - if you need medical attention because of your angina, or if you need to be repatriated back to the UK in an emergency
- Lost, stolen or damaged personal belongings - including any medication
- Cancellation and curtailment - the insurance provider will cover you if you have to cancel your holiday or cut it short (usually for a medical reason)
- Travel delay - this isn’t always included, so check with your provider
- Personal liability - if you cause accidental damage to another person or someone else’s property
While some insurance providers won’t offer cover for health conditions like angina, we team up with specialists who do, to give you the best choice of policies.
Get cheap quotes from specialist angina travel insurance providers
With Medical Travel Compared, finding the right policy for your angina couldn’t be simpler. With everything online, it makes telling us about your condition, and finding the right policy fast and easy.
What’s more, we work with over 30 specialist insurance providers, so you’ll have your pick of competitive quotes to choose from.
So, if you’re looking for the cheapest travel insurance for angina, don’t delay - find cover that suits you and your needs today.Get a quote
Trusted by thousands of people like you who've reviewed us on Trustpilot.
No phone calls or paperwork. Join millions who've sorted cover online in minutes.
Angina travel insurance FAQs
Yes, we compare policies from over 30 specialist providers to find great cover for people with angina.
The impact of angina on the price of your policy will depend on your individual circumstances, and we’ll ask you a few short questions to make sure we understand your health condition better.
It is possible to find cheap travel insurance for those who have angina. We can help you find cover from as little as £18.43*.
Yes, angina is one of the health conditions which you need to tell us about. It’s really important that you declare health conditions like angina when you take out cover. If not, and your condition flares up, you may find yourself having to cover some unexpected bills such as medical treatment when you’re away, or the cost of the holiday itself if you need to cancel.
Air travel immediately after you’ve had a stent fitted comes with high risk. It’s usually recommended that you wait at least a week before flying, but check with your GP first. Considerations like this are why it’s so important to have the right cover in place.
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared Angina and is travelling to France for 7 nights. The price is correct as of October 2023. Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...