Why declaring high blood pressure is important to your policy
If you have been diagnosed with hypertension (more commonly referred to as high blood pressure), it’s important to get the right type of travel insurance to ensure you’re fully covered when on holiday.
Although standard travel insurance will have a limited amount of cover for medical expenses, a policy including specialist cover for high blood pressure is probably the best option for you - and you’ve certainly come to the right place!
Medical Travel Compared enables you to compare cover for pre-existing conditions like high blood pressure all in one place - so you don’t have to waste any time choosing the most suitable policy for you.
We work with over 40 leading providers to give you great choice and competitive quotes to compare, so come and explore our quick and simple online comparison tool today.Get a quote
Medical screening for travel insurance with high blood pressure
If you have high blood pressure, it’s easy to declare this after you’ve entered some personal details about you and your trip(s).
Before comparing cover, you might be asked some questions about your high blood pressure. It’s important to ensure that these are answered as accurately as possible - as this helps travel insurance providers gain a better understanding of your medical history.
This means that they can offer you the right type of cover for what you need.
What’s typically covered in an insurance policy for hypertension
A travel insurance policy with specialist cover for high blood pressure will usually include:
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Personal Belongings - this could include any medication you rely on to manage high blood pressure.
- Emergency Medical Expenses and Repatriation - this will cover any medical costs, or even more extreme things like medical repatriation back to the UK.
- Cancellation and Curtailment - the insurance provider will cover you in the event of needing to cancel or cut short your holiday as a result of your condition.
- Travel Delay - this won’t always be included, check with your provider.
- Personal Liability - if you cause accidental damage to another person or someone else’s property - cover is provided.
It’s wise to ensure that these things are included as a minimum before purchasing a policy.Get a quote
Compare quotes from specialist high blood pressure travel insurance providers
Get started with our quick and easy online comparison tool - and get your travel insurance sorted today.
You can count on us to help you find a suitable policy in minutes, which means you’ll be back planning the more exciting parts of your trip before you know it.
And, with a range of leading specialist high blood pressure insurance providers to choose from, you’ll have all the peace of mind to enjoy your holidays as you should once you arrive at your destination.Get a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared high blood pressure and is travelling to Spain for 7 nights. Price is correct as of December 2019. Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...