Why do I need travel insurance for Anxiety?
Anxiety disorders are pretty common in the UK, that’s why specialist travel insurance covering anxiety is a useful and important item to have for people suffering with the condition.
If you’re on the lookout for this type of cover - then you’ve certainly come to the right place. We work with many specialist medical travel insurance providers, so you can compare cover quickly and easily to find a policy that works for you.Get a quote
Specialist Medical Cover
We only work with providers who specialise in covering pre-existing conditions.
No discounts. No pressure. We’ll always show you the best prices from providers.
Do I have to declare anxiety on travel insurance?
Yes, you will need to tell us about any mental health-related conditions that you or, any travellers on your policy, have been diagnosed with. As part of your quote, you'll be able to declare anxiety as a pre-existing health condition.
In doing so, it’s likely that you’ll be asked a few questions about your condition. The answers you provide will help travel insurance providers get a better understanding of your mental health and general medical background.
For example, you might be asked:
- Are you currently taking any medication to treat your anxiety?
- Have you been treated for depression within the last 3 years?
- Have you ever had a compulsory admission to hospital as a result of this condition?
- Have you ever been referred to, or reviewed by a psychiatrist for this condition within the last 2 years?
- Has this condition ever caused you to cancel, or cut short any travel plans?
What does travel insurance for anxiety cover?
By declaring anxiety on your policy, you can rest assured that your cover will take into account your condition, and any impact it has on your trip. For example, if your anxiety flares up before your holiday, and you are medically unable to travel, or whilst you are away, and you need emergency medical treatment.
Alongside providing cover for your anxiety, you can expect your travel insurance to include the same things that a standard travel insurance policy would include, such as:
- Emergency Medical Expenses and Repatriation- if you’re hospitalised, or even need to be repatriated back to the UK as a result of your condition.
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Personal Belongings- this could include any medication that you’re taking with you to treat your anxiety.
- Cancellation and Curtailment- if you suddenly decide to cancel your trip, or end up cutting it short.
- Travel Delay- this won’t always be included, so check your cover
- Personal Liability- if you cause accidental damage to another person, or someone else’s property - cover is provided.
You can compare this type of cover across a range of specialist travel insurance providers.Get a quote
Get anxiety travel insurance quotes from specialist providers
It’s easy to compare quotes for specialist anxiety travel insurance with us.
Our online comparison tool will help you find the right cover in minutes. Once you’ve told us about your trip and any pre-existing health conditions, you can compare competitive cover across a range of leading anxiety travel insurance providers.
Explore your options today and get covered.Get a quote
Trusted by thousands of people like you who've reviewed us on Trustpilot.
No phone calls or paperwork. Join millions who've sorted cover online in minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes - we’ve helped our customers compare specialist cover for hundreds of pre-existing conditions including anxiety and you can get a quote today if you like.
It’s possible to compare competitive quotes across specialist anxiety cover - although the premium will ultimately depend on how much cover you need based on your individual circumstances. Get a quote today and see for yourself!
It’s wise to declare your anxiety, just to ensure you have protection in place for your condition before you go away, or whilst travelling.
Besides anxiety, you can get covered for a number of other mental health conditions including bipolar disorder, depression, eating disorders, OCD, PTSD and Schizophrenia to name a few.
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared Anxiety and is travelling to France for 7 nights. The price is correct as of October 2023. Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...