Why do you need travel insurance for epilepsy?
You may think that because you have epilepsy, you’ll find it difficult to get travel insurance to cover you, but don’t worry because we’re here to help. When you’re looking for travel insurance for an upcoming trip, it’s likely that you’ll need to tell your travel insurance provider about your epilepsy alongside any other medical conditions.
A travel insurance policy that provides specific cover for epilepsy takes away any worry, leaving you confident in the knowledge you’ll be protected should anything happen. What’s more, we’re here to help you find the right cover for you and as simply as possible, comparing prices from over 30 leading travel insurance providers all in one place.Get a quote
Specialist Medical Cover
We only work with providers who specialise in covering pre-existing conditions.
No discounts. No pressure. We’ll always show you the best prices from providers.
What does epilepsy travel insurance typically cover?
Holiday insurance for someone with epilepsy varies across the different specialist epilepsy travel insurance providers - but in the main, most policies will include cover for the following for people with epilepsy:
- Emergency medical expenses and repatriation - if you’re hospitalised, or even need to be brought back to the UK for treatment as a result of your epilepsy.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged personal belongings - this could include any medication that you’re taking with you to treat your epilepsy.
- Cancellation and curtailment - if you suddenly decide to cancel your trip or end up cutting it short.
- Travel delay - if your flight is delayed, you may be covered for your additional expenses.
- Personal liability - if you cause accidental damage to another person or someone else’s property - cover is provided.
How to get travel insurance for someone with epilepsy
If you’ve seen a medical professional (such as a GP, or even a hospital trip) or have taken any medication for your condition (including repeat prescriptions) within the last 2 years, then you will need to declare that you live with epilepsy.
To get a better understanding of your condition and make sure we help you find the right travel insurance, we’ll ask you a number of simple questions about your epilepsy. This will help us determine the cover you’ll need - and create a list of quotes from only the most relevant specialist epilepsy travel insurance providers.
For example, some of the questions you may be asked are:
- If awake, do you normally lose consciousness during a seizure?
- How many seizures causing loss of consciousness have you had in the last 6 months?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for epilepsy/seizures in the last 12 months?
- How many different medicines do you take for your epilepsy/seizures?
The process is really simple, and you’ll complete it in no time.
Compare quotes from specialist epilepsy travel insurance providers
Our online quote comparison tool enables you to compare cover across a range of epilepsy travel insurance providers in minutes.
Once you’ve told us where you’re going and for how long - you can let us know about your pre-existing health conditions and declare your epilepsy. When you’ve answered the questions in relation to your medical history, we’ll show you with a list of quotes to compare from.
We work with over 30 specialist medical travel insurance providers - so you certainly won’t be short of choice.Get a quote
Trusted by thousands of people like you who've reviewed us on Trustpilot.
No phone calls or paperwork. Join millions who've sorted cover online in minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
A pre-existing condition is a diagnosed medical condition that existed before taking out a policy. We'll ask a series of questions about the medical history for you and any travellers on your quote. If you answer yes to any of these, you will need to tell us about the traveller's conditions. This could be a condition that a traveller has now or has had in the past. If you are not sure what conditions you need to declare, we have online support available to help you 24/7!
It is really simple and quick to do! After you've told us about your trip details and answered some medical history questions you can add your pre-existing conditions, one by one, for each traveller. You'll only need to enter your details once, it's all online and there's no need to call, or provide details of your conditions in writing.
Once you've declared all of your relevant pre-existing medical conditions, we'll only show you quotes based on the conditions you have told us about.
* Price is based on 1 traveller aged 61, who has declared Epilepsy and is travelling to France for 7 nights. The price is correct as of October 2023. Prices may vary according to your individual requirements.
Trusted by people
just like you
Don't just take our word for it...